Friday, June 26, 2009

And Five More

I got sidetracked yesterday. COMPLETELY forgot about recent Oscar news. I think Sid can explain it better than I can.

“After more than six decades, the Academy is returning to some of its earlier roots, when a wider field competed for the top award of the year,” said Ganis. “The final outcome, of course, will be the same – one Best Picture winner – but the race to the finish line will feature 10, not just five, great movies from 2009.”

Does he think this is going to keep the Academy from picking complete - well, I hate to say the word but - shit? Last year was a prime example of how they can screw up the five nominees. Benjamin Button still gives me headaches. If this had been going on last year, I'm sure we would have seen classics like Doubt, The Dark Knight, and *gasps* Mamma Mia! Shoot me.

Even if it WAS the best film of 2008 WALL-E STILL wouldn't have gotten in. Rachel Getting Married is a masterpiece. It was probably much lower on the list than WALL-E.
You know, I could go on and on about this but I won't. Honestly, will it change things?



One of my favorite Oscar moments. Dame Helen Mirren knights Daniel Day-Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I dislike when you comment anonymously. Leave a fake name if you like, but it's easier to respond to someone who has a name. Keep the foul language to a minimum.